Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Blue/Aqua/Purple Water Marble


Hello all!  I've got a full water marble to show you today - after watching some tutorials (particularly My Simple Little Pleasures) I decided to go ahead and try marbling all four of my fingers at once.  I'm too lazy to do another whole marble for my thumb, so I left them plain.



For this design, I started with two coats of Sation Lollipop Goes The Princess.  The polish is a very pale purple, it applied smoothly and was opaque in two coats.  Unfortunately this polish didn't work well for me when marbling, so I used Essie Find Me An Oasis instead, along with China Glaze That's Shore Bright and China Glaze For Audrey.



I'm so pleased with how this manicure turned out, I feel like I'm getting the hang of water marbling.  I think most of the secret is finding nail polish that spreads well in the water and doesn't dry too quickly!  The Essie and both China Glazes worked very well and I didn't have any trouble dipping all four of my nails at once; it definitely saves lots of time!



Below you can see Lollipop Goes The Princess on its own on my thumb.



POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Sation Lollipop Goes The Princess - two coats
Essie Find Me An Oasis - water marble
China Glaze For Audrey - water marble
China Glaze That's Shore Bright - water marble

2 comments:

  1. Looking good! I was trying to water marble over the weekend, but the end result was a lot messier. I also can never get my cuticles cleaned up properly either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck for your future attempts! It is quite messy but the secret to most messy nail art, as I've found, is pure acetone. Pure acetone and patience.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.