Saturday, May 31, 2014

Vertical Gradient + Glitter feat. Glam Polish Mermagic


Hello all!  Another gradient with glitter on top to show you today.  This is a pale blue/purple vertical gradient topped with Glam Polish Mermagic.



For the gradient, I started off with two coats of Essie Find Me An Oasis, a pale blue creme.  The polish was opaque at this point, but I did experience some bubbling, so if I was wearing it alone I'd go with three thin coats.  I had originally planned to use Sation Lollipop Goes The Princess for the purple in my gradient, but that was too close in colour to Find Me An Oasis so I used Misa Great Grape instead.

This was my first time doing a vertical gradient and I do like it, but I think I prefer diagonal gradients.  Vertical gradients also require more cleanup around the cuticle area (which I find more difficult than cleaning up around the edges of the nails) than if you were doing a simple gradient on the tips of the nails so that's another thing to keep in mind.



I broke out Glam Polish Mermagic for my topper.  Mermagic is a gorgeous clear-based glitter with microglitter and circles in pastel purple, teal, pink and silver.  The polish went on easily and I didn't have any issue getting the larger circles out, though to get this density of glitter I did have to add more glitter while I was doing each nail.



I finished off with one coat of top coat.  I love how this manicure turned out!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - KBShimmer Clearly On Top
Polish used:Essie Find Me An Oasis - two coats + sponging
Misa Great Grape - sponging
Glam Polish Mermagic - one coat

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! The gradient is subtle but perfect colors for the glitter topper. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that glitter topper, it's so pretty! I am always drooling over those Glam polishes and really need to just get me some!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.