Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pink Water Marble and Glam Polish Funhouse


After my first water marbling attempt, I was desperate to give it another shot.  I was also pretty desperate to try Glam Polish Funhouse, a gorgeous off-white crelly packed full of pink holo circles, neon pink and purple hexes.  Naturally, I combined the two.



Glam Polish Funhouse had a great formula, very easy to apply and opaque in just two coats.  It's a gorgeous polish and I think it has just the right amount of glitter.



For the water marble, I used Misa Ripe Raspberry, Australis Totes Amaze and Picture Polish Wisteria.  I was really happy with how my ring fingers turned out on both hands, but my middle fingers were less successful...for my last nail (left ring finger), I tried three times before I got a pattern that I was vaguely happy with.  Even then, the huge splodge of purple got on my nerves!

Wisteria and Totes Amaze cooperated well for my marble, but Ripe Raspberry didn't spread out well (hence the very thin lines of light pink).


I'm still reasonably pleased with how this manicure turned out, it was nice to have more of a 'petal' look than the plainer lines of my last water marble attempt.  I also highly recommend Glam Polish Funhouse!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Glam Polish Funhouse - two coats (pinky, index and thumb)
Misa Ripe Raspberry - one coat (ring and middle) + water marble
Australis Totes Amaze - water marble
Picture Polish Wisteria - water marble

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.