Saturday, April 12, 2014

Dotticure Gradient Sponging


This gradient-dotticure-sponged-glitterfied manicure was inspired by Every Little Polish's gorgeous Picture Polish Blog Fest manicure - I wish mine had come out looking more like hers!


I began with one coat of A England Camelot, then dotted Illamasqua Scorch from my nail tip down towards the cuticle in a gradient style.  This looked amazing on its own, and I'm a little regretful that I didn't leave it there.  I should definitely do more dotticures in the future. 


After the dots dried, I used small pieces of makeup sponge to sponge on Picture Polish Kryptonite, Picture Polish Cosmos and Rescue Beauty Lounge Lotus Elise.  I think my issue was that I didn't blend the colours enough, so it's more like sections of colour rather than a cohesive marbling effect.


Finally, I painted some Pretty Serious Black Diamond over the tips for some extra sparkle, then finished off with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.

I liked this manicure more and more after time went on, but when I try this technique next time I'll definitely remember to blend the colours a bit more!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:A England Camelot - one coat
Illamasqua Scorch - dotted
Picture Polish Kryptonite - sponged
Picture Polish Cosmos - sponged
Rescue Beauty Lounge Lotus Elise - sponged
Pretty Serious Black Diamond - dabbed on tips

5 comments:

  1. I love how this turned out, it looks awesome! I'm definitely going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Good luck for when you try them! (I'm sure you'll do better as your nail art skills are awesome)

      Delete
  2. Hey, that looks great, so simple yet effective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mani from Every Little Polish is one of my faves, and I love yours too! Reminds me I still need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a beautiful mani, I definitely recommend giving it a shot.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.