Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pink Flower Pond



I'm so immensely proud of this mani, I can't even.  It's a glorious, squishy, pink pond mani - the pond technique was created by Olive View Fashion and I love the possibilities it brings!

I used Nfu Oh JS24, a crystal clear hot pink jelly, and Illamasqua Scorch for my flowers.  I used three coats of JS24 in total and sandwiched one or two flowers between each layer, as well as a few flowers on top.  I didn't want to clutter up my nails with too many flowers, though I think I could have done a few more for some of my nails (especially my thumbs!)



I had to be quite careful to wait for the flowers to dry between layers, and even so I ended up with a few little smudges!  One coat of top coat finished off this design to a perfect smoothness.  I'm looking forward to making ponds with my other jelly polishes.



See my straight-up swatches of Nfu Oh JS24 here.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Nfu Oh JS24 - three coats
Illamasqua Scorch - dotted between coats of the Nfu Oh

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.