Sunday, March 30, 2014

Emily de Molly Oceanic Forces



Hello all!  I've got Emily de Molly Oceanic Forces for you to see today, one of the sister polishes to the famous Cosmic Forces.  Oceanic Forces has a dark teal jelly base with large circles and smaller hex glitter.



The formula was great, I got good glitter pickup for the hexes but I did need to do some fishing for the circles.  I'm wearing two coats of Oceanic Forces in these photos with a coat of Essence Gel-Look to tame the glitter and then quick-dry top coat to finish.  I love how this polish is opaque in two coats!



I did have a couple of issues - firstly, I had some shrinkage appear at the cuticles and the tips of the nails (as you can see in the photos).  I don't think it's due to the polish, but rather the gluggy end-of-the-bottle Cult Nails Wicked Fast that I slapped on top.

Another issue was removal - I used the foil method, which was fine, but unfortunately there was some staining!  (Ahh, the perils of teal polish...)  I gave my nails a scrub with toothpaste and that got rid of the staining, so it was all ok in the end, but I do have some weird yellow-ish discolouration from the circle glitter that refuses to budge.


Overall, Oceanic Forces is just as gorgeous as Cosmic Forces!  My friends all commented that it seemed as if you were looking down through water, and that it was like the ocean.  Definitely a lovely polish!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Essence Gel-Look Top Coat (one coat), Cult Nails Wicked Fast (one coat)
Polish used:Emily de Molly Oceanic Forces - two coats

1 comment:

  1. Gosh I love these type of polish! It does look like you're looking into the water...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.