Saturday, February 15, 2014

Pink, White & Glitter - feat. Pretty Serious The Pink One and Moyou London stamping



Hello all!  I did something a little different for this manicure - I tried the two-accent-nail design, which I'm liking much more than the single ring finger accent style, and switched things up a bit with stamping and glitter.

I began with two coats of Pretty Serious The Pink One, which has an absolutely gorgeous formula and applied beautifully.  I top coated my ring and middle fingernails with Cult Nails Wicked Fast in preparation for stamping, then did a quick glitter gradient with China Glaze Snow Globe (iridescent glitter mix) on my other nails.  I top coated those nails and made sure that my middle two nails were completely dry before stamping.



I used Moyou London Princess Collection 13 for stamping.  I originally was going to stamp with the Born Pretty stamping polish I recently bought, but when I tried, the stamper would only pick some of the design up out of the plate.  I had this problem when I did my preliminary testing, but I remembered the white being okay, so I was a bit annoyed!  I decided to try using Illamasqua Scorch instead, and thankfully that worked alright.  I used a striper brush to touch up here and there at the sides.

I don't think this time turned out as well as my first attempt - perhaps due to the polish, perhaps due to the detail of the stamping design, perhaps due to the overwhelming heat we're experiencing here, but this definitely didn't turn out as well as it could have.  I wish the lines had come out a little better defined, but they still look cool and swirly from further away!  



I'm really proud of this mani and I'm happy with how it turned out!  It was super blingy and sparkly and the two stamped nails effect looked great.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Pretty Serious The Pink One - two coats
China Glaze Snow Globe - glitter gradient
Illamasqua Scorch - stamping (Moyou Princess 13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.