Monday, January 27, 2014

Silver Flake Jelly Sandwich


I decided to take a bit of a different approach to wearing my only metal flake polish, Nail Pattern Boldness Tin Man, by wearing it in a jelly sandwich.



I started with two coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu!, a sheer white jelly, then dabbed two coats of Tin Man on top.  Tin Man is a crushed silver flake (it may not be actual silver, but it's a silver colour, so...) that dries to a rough finish due to the crinkliness of the flakes.

To complete the jelly sandwich, I finished with another coat of Don't Touch My Tutu! and then two coats of top coat.  If I was wearing Tin Man as a 'glitter' top coat, I would use a thick coat of glitter tamer and then a fast dry top coat.


The finished look is delicate and subtle whilst still being very sparkly!  I thought the almost-French-mani effect of my natural nail underneath was interesting and very different to what I usually wear (my friends asked me if I'd painted the tips white first!) and I'll be interested to see how Tin Man looks on its own!


POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast (two coats)
Polish used:OPI Don't Touch My Tutu! - two coats
Nail Pattern Boldness Tin Man - one coat + dabbed
OPI Don't Touch My Tutu! - one coat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.