Sunday, January 5, 2014

Glitter Gradient with Picture Polish and KBShimmer



Hello all!  I hope that 2014 is treating you well so far!
The manicure I'm showing today is the one I wore for New Year's Eve and am still wearing five days later - it's a glitter gradient with Picture Polish Wisteria and KBShimmer Toast-ess With The Mostest.  I absolutely loved wearing this combo, it's nice and soft but still has a high bling factor!


I started with two coats of Picture Polish Wisteria - a beautiful bright pastel purple that applies absolutely perfectly.  It dries to a satiny finish.

I added the glitter gradient with Toast-ess With The Mostest, a gorgeous mix of dusty pink, gold, holo and microglitter.  I think that the mix of circle and hex glitter is perfect and the holo microglitter really adds that extra bit of sparkle.  I just used the polish brush and dabbed the glitter near the cuticle, then dragged up and placed more glitter with the brush.


I finished off with a coat of Essence Gel-Look and one of Cult Nails Wicked Fast to smooth out the glitter.  For some reason, I got some shrinkage on my left middle finger, which hasn't happened to me before, so I assume that I just didn't wrap my tips well enough.


I'm so impressed with both of the polishes I used and I really like them together!  My little cousin visiting from interstate got me to do this on her nails as well, with full glitter coverage instead of the gradient due to her small nails, and that looked adorable - her brother got a coat of Ninja Polish Shillelagh (his request to me was green and sparkly!)

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Essence Gel-Look Top Coat (one coat), Cult Nails Wicked Fast (one coat)
Polish used:Picture Polish Wisteria - two coats
KBShimmer Toast-ess With The Mostest - glitter gradient

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I can't wait to try the glitter over a pale pink as well!

      Delete
  2. I wore KBShimmer's Toast-ess With The Mostest for my New Year's Eve nails too! This looks so pretty and I love it over the purple! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting! It looks great over the blue as you wore it; very festive!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.