Sunday, December 22, 2013

Green Distressed Nails ft. Misa and A England



A lot of bloggers have been doing the 'distressed' look first seen on Chalkboard Nails, so I decided to try it.  It gives a grungy effect and I was very surprised as to how easy it was to achieve!


I started off with two coats of Misa Lime Love, a pale green with a golden shimmer that has a thick-ish formula.  It was a little difficult to apply and nail line was still visible after two coats.

After that dried, I used Ulta3 Tahitian Lime, China Glaze Starboard and Zoya Ivanka for the rough swipes of colour.


Finally I added the black, A England Camelot, and a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast to finish off.  I'm really happy with how this manicure turned out - it was quick, and the end effect is so gorgeous!


Notes on removal: Misa Lime Love stained my nails to a yellowy colour that looks pretty bad in some lights but invisible in others - try wearing two coats of base coat if you're wearing this polish!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Misa Lime Love - two coats
Ulta3 Tahitian Lime - brush strokes
China Glaze Starboard - brush strokes
Zoya Ivanka - brush strokes
A England Camelot - brush strokes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.