Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Diagonal Pastel Rainbow



As soon as I saw this beautiful 'pastel rainbow gradient' on Muggle Manicures, I've been itching to try it out.  So after a few hours of toil, I present to you my version of the mani!


I began with Misa Ripe Raspberry (pastel pink, one coat), Misa Great Grape (muted pastel purple, one coat), Misa Blueberry Blast (pastel blue, two coats), Sinful Colours Pistache (pastel green, two coats) and China Glaze Lemon Fizz (pale yellow, two coats).

Then, using a makeup sponge, I created the diagonal gradients using the colour of the nail to one side, the base colour and the colour of the nail to the other side.  For example, for my middle finger I used green at the top of the sponge, blue in the middle and purple at the bottom.

I finished off with two coats of top coat to smooth everything out.  The gradient did look quite patchy before top coat, but afterwards it was all blended and perfect!

I'm very proud of myself.  It took heaps of work but I'm glad I tried it!  I told my colleagues at work to look their fill because I probably won't get myself up to doing a mani like this for a while.


POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:
Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast, two coats
Polish used:
China Glaze Lemon Fizz - two coats + sponged
Sinful Colors Pistache - two coats + sponged
Misa Blueberry Blast - two coats + sponged
Misa Great Grape - one coat + sponged
Misa Ripe Raspberry - one coat + sponged

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I came here from the beginner bootcamp! How I love this mani! It's a rainbow and yet so soft, and that's an amazing gradient ! Overall I very much like your blog, clear and simple, with very pretty pictures ! Though if they could be slightly bigger I wouldn't complain ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting, and I'm glad you like this mani! It took me so long to do but I love it. I have been tossing up whether or not to use larger so I might do a little renovation in the future!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.