Sunday, November 10, 2013

Alanna Renee Chocolate Frog


Hello all!  I have another Alanna Renee polish from her Magical World collection - this is Chocolate Frog, inspired by the packaging of chocolate frogs in Harry Potter.  It has a dark blue jelly base with gold hexes and microglitter.  I love this polish, it's so fun and complex and applies smoothly in just two coats!

I finished with one coat of Essence Gel Look and one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat, though I could have gone for a thicker coat of each because after it dried, the manicure was quite bumpy.

Another thing I noticed - not necessarily a bad thing - was that the polish looked very teal a lot of the time due to the blue jelly over the gold hexes.  In the future, to both minimise bumpiness and bring out the gold and blue in the polish, I'd probably wear one coat of Chocolate Frog over a dark blue creme.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this polish and I definitely recommend it!


Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this mani for about four days and only experienced minor tipwear - great for an indie!  You will need a peel-off base coat or the foil method of removal for this.  I used the foil method with no issues.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:
Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Essence Gel Look Top Coat (one coat), Cult Nails Wicked Fast (one coat)
Polish used:
Alanna Renee Chocolate Frog - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.