Saturday, October 5, 2013

Crossover Chevrons with Misa



Judging from a bit of hasty Googling, these aren't exactly chevrons but they're close enough for me.  I hope you all like them!

To create this look I used a base colour of two coats of Misa Ripe Raspberry, then swiped a stroke of Misa Peach Passion and finally Misa Lovely Lychee over the top.  I finished with a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.


I'm really loving the Misa polishes I've tried - their formulas are smooth and silky, very easy to work with.  Ripe Raspberry is a baby pink that looks purple next to the brightness of Lovelly Lychee, and Peach Passion is a soft but bright orange.  Here's what the design looked like with just the Peach Passion over Ripe Raspberry; this part was easy to do, just a careful swipe of the brush over the tip of the nail.  I rolled my finger a bit instead of just moving my brush hand to make the line as straight as I could.


My only problem with these polishes was that the Peach Passion brush was faulty.  When I took the lid off, the inside bit of the brush came right off the cap!  I tried pushing it back in there with an orange stick but it didn't work.  This made the brush very difficult to work with, as you can imagine!


SADNESS.
However, I soldiered on.  Lovely Lychee is a bright, hot pink that I absolutely love!  It's also very opaque, which was good for this nail art.  Doing this stripe took a bit of hand contortion but eventually I worked out a way that worked best for me.


After waiting for the design to dry for a while, I carefully went over with a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast to finish.  No smearing, thank goodness!

Overall, I absolutely love this look and I had heaps of comments from people who couldn't believe I'd done it myself!  I will definitely use this design in different colours again and again because it's a relatively easy nail art design.

Just be aware that there is a high probability of getting polish on your skin (I did.  A lot.) when you do the swipes, but a brush and some acetone fixes this all up!


Notes on wear time and removal: I forget how long I wore this mani for, but it was a couple of days, and I didn't experience any chips and only minimal tipwear.  How awesome is that?!  Removal was fine, but I did need to keep my cotton wool on the nail for a bit longer since there were quite a few coats of polish on the tips.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Misa Ripe Raspberry - two coats
Misa Peach Passion - one coat, swiped over nail tip
Misa Lovely Lychee - one coat, swiped over nail tip

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.