Friday, September 6, 2013

OPI Is That Silva?



Hello all!  I've had OPI Is That Silva? for a long time but I hadn't had a chance to photograph it until recently.  Part of the Skyfall collection, Is That Silva? is a magnetic gunmetal grey polish with scattered holographic particles that flash mostly green and red throughout (you can't see them in my photos, unfortunately, but I can assure you that they are fantastic and sparkly in person!)


My swatches here show two coats of Is That Silva? with Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat.  I held the magnet over the wet polish for about six seconds for each nail to achieve the effect and I had to wait a while for the polish to dry to avoid smudging the design (floating the brush over the nail by using a considerable amount of top coat didn't seem to help).

On my thumbnails, the design didn't show up so well and I'm not sure why, because all my other nails turned out fine.


I know that magnetic polish is so last year, dahling, but I love how easy it is to create such an eye-catching design, and Is That Silva? is a gorgeous polish!

Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this polish for four days and only got one small chip (which was on a weak, buffed out part of my nail) - great wear time!  Removal is more difficult than a regular creme polish, but not as difficult as a glitter.  Leaving an acetone-soaked bit of cotton wool on the nail for a couple of minutes deals with it perfectly.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:OPI Is That Silva? - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.