Saturday, September 28, 2013

Butter London The Black Knight and Tart With A Heart



Hello all!  Today I've got swatches of two Butter London polishes - The Black Knight and Tart With A Heart.

I'm wearing one coat of The Black Knight over one coat of A England Camelot on my index, middle and pinky, with two coats of Tart With A Heart over three coats of Illamasqua Scorch on my accent nails.  I used two coats of top coat to finish off.


The Black Knight is a sheer black jelly based polish with pink, blue and silver microglitter.  It can be opaque in three to four coats on its own, but I chose to layer it over black to minimise thickness and grittiness.

Tart With A Heart looks honey-coloured in the bottle, but at two coats over white it shows a pink tinted base with silver microglitter and small iridescent hexes.  At one coat, the base is more of a very pale honey tint.

I really like this combo, it's very sparkly but not too over-the-top.  The contrast between the black and pale pink is quite stark but since the glitter is the same size it all ties together.


Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this mani for three days.  I had tipwear by the second day and a few chips by the third.  I used the foil method to remove Tart With A Heart  and the normal soak and swipe for The Black Knight.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:A England Camelot - one coat
Butter London The Black Knight - one coat

Illamasqua Scorch - three coats
Butter London Tart With A Heart - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.