Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blue Jelly Sandwich with Zoya, Picture Polish and Nfu Oh


I am glad to say that I've finally done my first jelly sandwich, and I love it!  It's amazing how milky and soft the glitter becomes with a layer of jelly on top.



I started with two easy coats of Zoya Rocky, then added Picture Polish Mardis Gras to my thumbs and ring fingers, and Picture Polish Gene doll to all my other nails.  Mardis Gras has medium-sized teal, pink and silver glitter with silver and teal microglitter, while Gene Doll has medium-sized and micro pink glitter.  Both glitters applied easily, though they are quite sparse in the clear base so I had to be careful not to make the coat too thick while trying to get enough glitter onto the nail.


Zoya Rocky topped with Picture Polish Gene Doll and Mardis Gras (no top coat)
To finish off my jelly sandwich, I added one coat of Nfu Oh JS15, a sky blue jelly that's a shade or two lighter than Zoya Rocky.  I finished with Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat.

The finished product is light and milky, very delicate and feminine.  I had heaps of comments from different people about this one!



Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this mani for about six days, and only experienced minor tipwear (no chips!)  No issues with removal, though you will need a bit of scrubbing to deal with the glitter.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Zoya Rocky - two coats
Picture Polish Gene Doll - one coat
Picture Polish Mardis Gras - one coat
Nfu Oh JS15 - one coat

2 comments:

  1. So pretty (: I love your base color (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you like it! (I definitely recommend Zoya Rocky, by the way)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.