Sunday, September 1, 2013

August Haul

In my mind, August was going to be no-buy-August but that didn't turn out so well.  Oops.
--
Firstly, I bought four Ulta3 polishes (if you are unfamiliar with them, it's an Australian brand and the polish is $2 each!)  I grabbed Infamous, A Lister, Spring Break and Stop The Press. 


Read on for the rest of the haul!
Comparisons of the new Ulta3s with some other polish in my stash:

Infamous is more teal than BSOD.
A Lister is teal while Splash is blue.  I think that A Lister would be a pretty good dupe for Picture Polish Ariel.
Spring Break is definitely more purple than MUD Electrify It's red-plum colour.
These two look similar but Stop The Press is only composed of different sized hex glitter while Haba Xueshan has bars as well as pale blue circles.
--
I received the Wreck-It Ralph themed August What's In-Die Box (see my in-depth haul post with individual bottle shots here), containing five beautiful polishes that I can't wait to try!  I'm also excited since they're my first Sayuri, Peita's Polish, Glam Polish and Lilypad Lacquer polishes.


Left to right: Sayuri Fro Cone, Gloss 'n Sparkle Bad Anon, Peita's Polish Ralph, Glam Polish King of all the Candy!!! and Lilypad Lacquer Vanellope
Since the What's In-Die Box was sold through Glam Polish, you could get some Glam Polish polishes without any extra shipping charge.  I picked Bubble Breeze, a bright turquoise jelly with circular glitter.


--
I grabbed a couple of bottles from a discount pharmacy in my area - this is OPI Don't Burst My Bubble, China Glaze Let's Groove (a vampy dark purple shimmer (this photo isn't colour accurate at all, awkwardly) - expect a comparison post with this polish soon!) and China Glaze Yellow Polka Dot Bikini.


--
I nabbed eight beauties from Femme Fatale's recent sale.  If you're in Australia, I definitely recommend ordering from them!  They have an awesome range of brands at an affordable shipping price.  Another plus - they often have stock that sells out too quickly on other sites like Llarowe!  (Cosmic Forces, anyone?)

I'm really happy that I managed to get my hands on my first Alanna Renee, Emily de Molly and Hare polishes; as well as Gloss 'n Sparkle Unicorn Droppings, which I've been lemming for so badly.


Left to right: Gloss 'n Sparkle Unicorn Droppings and Blaqua
Left to right: Alanna Renee Butterbeer, Hedwig and Chocolate Frog - HECK YEAH HARRY POTTER POLISH COME TO MY ARMS
Left to right: Emily de Molly Cosmic Forces and Oceanic Forces - so glad I could get these two!
Hare Polish A Positive - this one is seriously a delicious jelly sandwich in a bottle
--
Aaaand that's not even the end.  I saw some slightly discounted OPIs in a chemist and grabbed You Only Live Twice and Die Another Day from the Skyfall collection (You Only Live Twice is my all-time favourite polish, so I couldn't resist a backup bottle), and I found a lonely Fantasy Fire in Big W so I had to rescue it.

Left to right: OPI You Only Live Twice, OPI Die Another Day and Max Factor Fantasy Fire

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm really happy with the August haul :) Hopefully I'll be able to resist buying anything this month!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.