Saturday, August 17, 2013

Royal Nails with Zoya and Pretty Serious


I have so many untried polishes in my stash that it's almost shameful.  Out of the almost 150 polishes in my stash, over 60 are untried.  Whaaaat??  I don't even know what to say for myself.  So, in order to cut down on the untrieds, I've started using one or more of my untried polishes in every mani.



Today, I've got some awesome nails going on that feature Zoya Ziv and Pretty Serious Purple Monkey Dishwasher.  I've been wanting to do a purple-gold colour combo for a while because it looks very luxe and royal, so when I saw these two in my stash I knew that it was meant to be.

On my thumb and ring finger, I used two coats of Ziv.  I'm so glad I got this polish - it's absolutely beautiful and applies so easily!


On every other nail, I have three coats of Pretty Serious Purple Monkey Dishwasher, an indigo-based polish with purple microglitter.  This one's amazing; I originally thought that it was a purple version of Pretty Serious BSOD.  While I found that BSOD was a little difficult to apply due to the polish getting goopy while on the nail, I had none of those problems with Purple Monkey Dishwasher.  The base was not as pigmented as BSOD, so I was worried that I'd have to do four coats for opacity, but three were fine.  If you prefer, you can layer two coats of Purple Monkey Dishwasher over a quick coat of purple or black polish.

It dries a bit gritty, so you'll need a glitter tamer or two coats of top coat to get a smooth finish.  It's also very annoying to clean up from the sides due to all the glitter bits, so try to be as neat as you can during application!



Notes on wear time and removal: by the fourth day of wear, I had minimal tipwear but a couple of chips.  Removal of Ziv was fine, but Purple Monkey Dishwasher was a bit more effort.  I suggest either a peel-off base coat, the foil removal method or simply leave a remover-soaked piece of cotton wool on the nail for a few minutes before scrubbing gently and removing (worked for me!)

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast (two coats)
Polish used:Pretty Serious Purple Monkey Dishwasher - three coats
Zoya Ziv - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.