Sunday, August 4, 2013

Picture Polish Splash with Fishtail Braid Accent



So, I finally got around to trying one of my Picture Polishes out.  This one is Splash, and it's a beautiful bright blue glitter polish with medium and tiny hexes in a clear base.  I wore one coat of Splash over one coat of Sinful Colors Endless Blue on all nails except my ring finger, with China Glaze Fast Forward top coat.

Splash applied smoothly and easily, but since the glitter is quite sparse in the clear base, I had to be a bit careful to get enough glitter on the nail while not making the polish lay on too thickly.


On my ring fingers I started with a coat of Sinful Colors Endless Blue, then used A England Camelot, Barry M Silver Foil Effects and Endless Blue to make a fishtail braid going down half of my nail.  I used Cult Nails Wicked Fast as my top coat for this design.

I'm really happy with how the braid turned out - it was much better than my first try and by using a thicker layer of top coat and floating the brush, I managed to avoid any smudging whatsoever!  Since all the polishes I used are one-coaters, I could use thin coats for the braid and so the thickness of the final design wasn't too bad.


I loved wearing this mani - I got heaps of comments about it at work and I'm so glad that my attempt at a braided mani worked out!

Notes on removal: I didn't use a PVA base for Picture Polish Splash, but I'm happy to report that it removed with only a little bit of elbow grease.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - China Glaze Fast Forward
Polish used:Sinful Colors Endless Blue - one coat
Picture Polish Splash - one coat
A England Camelot - one coat (fishtail braid)
Barry M Silver Foil Effects - one coat (fishtail braid)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.