Saturday, August 24, 2013

Gilded Metallic Nails with Essie


Hello all!  Here I have a mani that I'd wanted to try for a while.  It didn't really turned out as planned, but I still quite liked it!



I used Essie Brooch The Subject, Penny Talk and Good As Gold.  I began with two coats of Brooch The Subject, then painted one nail at a time with Good As Gold and dabbed it off with a crumpled bit of cling wrap.  I then painted Penny Talk onto the cling wrap and dabbed it on top of my nails, and did the same with some Brooch The Subject in spots I felt were too metallic.  I finished off with Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat.

The end result is not as I expected - it looks more like a blobby splatter mani than the more delicate cling-wrapped look I was aiming for, but I still wore it for a couple of days.  It may have been better if I used white for a cleaner-looking base instead of a nude.
However, I was very pleased with Penny Talk and Good As Gold and I think they'll be very versatile in my collection!



POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Essie Brooch The Subject - two coats (+ extra cling wrapped)
Essie Good As Gold - one coat (cling wrapped)
Essie Penny Talk - one coat (cling wrapped)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.