Friday, August 9, 2013

Essie Brooch The Subject


Hello all!  Here I have a lovely nude polish to show you - this is Essie Brooch The Subject.  I picked this one up from nailsupplies.us because it's a pretty good dupe for OPI Don't Pretzel My Buttons (see The PolishAholic's post), and I'd loved the swatches I'd seen of the OPI.

I'm pleased to say that Brooch The Subject was a good choice!  I'm wearing two coats with no top coat for these photos.  Application was easy - the first coat was a bit streaky but it evened out by the second coat.  You may need a thicker second coat or a third thin coat on some nails depending on your application, but I was fine with two coats.
It's worth mentioning that the dry time is great as well; I didn't put a quick dry top coat over these nails and somehow I managed to keep bumping my hands on things while getting my photos taken, but my nails remained smudge-free!


As for the colour; Brooch The Subject is a beige/nude creme that reminds me of the colour of sand.  It made my hands look a bit mannequin-like on its own, though it's not an exact match of my skin tone.  I wouldn't wear it on my own because I'm not a neutral-nail kind of person, but I will definitely use it as a base colour and it is a great asset to my stash!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - Duri Rejuvacote
Top - none
Polish used:Essie Brooch The Subject - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.