Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Striping Tape Mani with A England



I finally got around to using my striping tape.  Finally.  To create this mani, I cut my striping tape into small pieces before I used any polish to avoid smudging my nails.  I cut about forty pieces, I believe, which took a while!

I then used one coat of A England Camelot (seriously, if you don't have this incredible polish, you need it) and then waited for that to dry.  Since I only used one coat of Camelot, I didn't bother using a fast-dry top coat since it dried quickly by itself.


I then placed the tape on my nails in an artful fashion (i.e. I plopped them down completely randomly and hoped they'd look good) and, one nail at a time, painted over everything with A England Morgan Le Fay and peeled the tape off.  I let the design dry for a bit and finished with a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.

Everything worked perfectly, the tape peeled off without any dramas and there was no smudging from the top coat at all!  The finished manicure was quite subtle and Morgan Le Fay gave the black a steel-grey glass fleck look, but in sunshine and brighter lights the pink and blue sparkle came out.  I loved wearing this mani!


Notes on wear time: I wore this mani for four days and by the third day, I had some small chips but minimal tipwear.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:A England Camelot - one coat
A England Morgan le Fay - one coat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.