Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Gloss 'n Sparkle Unicorn Spawn



Hello all!  I was lucky enough to snag a bottle of Gloss 'n Sparkle Unicorn Spawn in my first Llarowe order and, let me tell you, it's gorgeous.  I wore it on a weekend with a PVA base that only lasted a day, but I knew I had to wear it longer so I redid my mani over a normal base coat.

For this look, I started with a thin coat of Illamasqua Scorch (white creme) so that I didn't need to pile too many layers of polish on for opacity (the white was streaky after one coat, but that didn't matter in the end).  Over that, I layered two coats of Unicorn Spawn and just one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast for top coat.


Unicorn Spawn is the muted sister of Unicorn Droppings - it has a blue-grey tinted base with silver microglitter and pastel pink, yellow, blue and green hex glitters.  Application-wise, Unicorn Spawn was fine, though I will note that the glitter pickup wasn't amazing and I did have to do a bit of swishing and jiggling to get enough glitter onto my nails and, even then, there are quite a few bald spots (case in point - my pinky nail).

However, I like this polish very much - I'm not sure if I'd ever go for a plain stark white nail, so the silvery grey base and glitter really mutes the correction-pen look of white polish.  The fact that the glitter sits very flat and only requires one coat of top coat to be wearable is a bonus!

Unfortunately I couldn't get a shot of this baby in the sun because it's Winter here and the most sun I see is about five seconds of it as a cloud shuffles over during my lunch break from work, but I'm sure that in the sun, the silver microglitter would stand out much more.

Notes on removal: using this removal technique (as shown by Elissa of Ten Little Nubs), removal was easy enough and I didn't need to use the foil method.  A little bit of scrubbing was required to get a few bits of glitter off my nails but other than that, no issues!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Illamasqua Scorch - one coat
Gloss 'n Sparkle Unicorn Spawn - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.