Saturday, June 29, 2013

Red, Silver and Gold Glitter Gradient Skittlette with A England and OPI



What was originally planned to be a creative and daring set of silver-gold-red skittle nails using glitter gradients going in different directions and striping tape became a simple accent nail skittlette mani with one-way glitter gradients and no striping tape because of a series of unfortunate events and my terror of new things.

This mani was a bit of a learning experience for me.  Firstly - don't shake the bottle of PVA glue before you apply it.  It sounds logical, because of the whole bubbling thing, but I did it anyway and had a whole pile of huge, unsightly bubbles all over my nails that were not completely obscured by the glitter I piled on top of them (luckily, all the nails on my photo hand except for my thumb were spared).  Secondly - don't use tape on a PVA base mani.  This also sounds logical but, yet again, I did it and all my polish peeled straight off with the tape.

Well, we live and learn; and I do like how it ended up.


I began with a PVA glue base coat then used one coat of A England Perceval (my soul for all the perfect A England polish, seriously).  On my pinky and middle fingers, I did a tip-down glitter gradient with A England Merlin.  On my index fingers I did a tip-down glitter gradient with OPI Goldeneye and on my thumbs I did a tip-down gradient of Goldeneye that covered about 2/3 of my nail then swiped some Merlin over the tips.  On my ring fingers I used three coats of Goldeneye for complete opacity.  I topped all my nails with one coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast.


Despite all the application issues, I love how this mani turned out - it's vibrant and classy (got me a lot of comments!); reminds me of Chinese New Year decorations!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - PVA glue
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:A England Perceval - one coat
A England Merlin - glitter gradient
OPI Goldeneye - three coats + glitter gradient

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.