Saturday, June 22, 2013

Experimenting with Orly Sugar



I've had Orly Sugar, an almost-clear honey coloured base with tiny gold flecks sitting in my stash for ages now.  I had intended to gift it to someone, but I my curiosity overcame me and I decided to have a play with it.

I used one coat of Sugar on my pinky, then one coat over two coats of Cult Nails Evil Queen on my ring finger, one coat over one coat of A England Camelot on my middle finger and one coat over two coats of Illamasqua Scorch on my index finger.

My photos don't fully show Sugar's sparkle, which is a beautiful golden dust-sprinkled look in person.  This polish would be great to enhance a shimmery polish or to add sparkle to a creme, and with more coats, the sparkle would be more apparent.  I think it'll look great over YSL Bronze Aztec to bring out the shimmer that shows in the bottle!


POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - none
Top - none
Polish used:Index: Illamasqua Scorch (two coats), Orly Sugar (one coat)
Middle: A England Camelot (one coat), Orly Sugar (one coat)
Ring: Cult Nails Evil Queen (two coats), Orly Sugar (one coat)
Pinky: Orly Sugar (one coat)

2 comments:

  1. I love this polish! It's one of my favorites for layering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I tried it - it's so beautiful and subtle but adds a lot to a mani!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.