Thursday, June 6, 2013

Birthday Mani: a layering extravaganza with Nfu Oh 51 and Fantasy Fire



Hello all!  It was my birthday this week, and I have a beautiful layered mani to show off.  (I've also bitten the bullet and started using curved watermarks because my old ones were too far away from the main image content to do their job!)


To create this mani, I used a base colour of A England Camelot, then one coat of Nfu Oh 51, one coat of Max Factor Fantasy Fire and a coat of Wicked Fast top coat on my pinkie, middle and index fingers.  On my thumb and ring finger, I skipped the Fantasy Fire and went for one coat of China Glaze Snow Globe, then finished with a coat of Essence Gel-Look top coat and Wicked Fast.  


I'm in love with this combination!  The Fantasy Fire gives that extra oomph to the multichrome goodness of Nfu Oh 51 without obscuring the flakies, creating a glowing-from-within effect.  China Glaze Snow Globe is much better than I expected it would be - what is faintly iridescent in the bottle jumps to life on the nail and reflects yellow, green, blue, purple and orange.  I'll definitely be reaching for Snow Globe again!


Notes on wear time and removal: by the second day, I had some minimal tipwear on a couple of nails and a few small chips.  I removed this mani after the third day of wear and quite a lot of elbow grease was required to get the flakies off my nails and even more for the glitter - I highly recommend using  PVA base for China Glaze Snow Globe!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - Essence Gel Look Top Coat (ring fingers and thumbs), Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:A England Camelot - one coat
Nfu Oh 51 - one coat
Max Factor Fantasy Fire - one coat
China Glaze Snow Globe - one coat (ring fingers and thumbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.