Thursday, May 9, 2013

Yves Saint Laurent Bronze Aztec



My first designer polish, hooray!  Bronze Aztec is a dark brown based polish (almost olive looking) with a subtle gold-bronze shimmer throughout.


Application, even with the wider-than-OPI brush, was easy.  The polish went on smoothly and levelled itself out beautifully.  It's completely opaque in two coats; I'm wearing two coats in these photos with Cult Nails Wicked Fast as my top coat.


My one peeve about this polish is that the beautiful shimmer apparent in the bottle doesn't fully transfer to the nail; the shimmer shows, but only in the right light (I'm sure it'd look stunning in the sun, but the weather is very dreary here at the moment so I couldn't snap a photo).  I think the gold would be brought out more if I did another coat, and it'd look great with a gold glitter.

Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this polish for four days.  At the end of the third, there was no noticeable tipwear and only a few small chips.  No issues with removal, though I did need to scrub a little because the polish is so pigmented.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Yves Saint Laurent Bronze Aztec - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.