Sunday, May 5, 2013

Ninja Polish Color Changing Garnet



Hello all!  I finally tried Ninja Polish Color Changing Garnet, a polish that's been hanging around in my stash for quite a while.  I can safely say that I'm sorry I ever doubted its beauty because on the nail, it's absolutely incredible.


Color Changing Garnet is made of tiny glass fleck-like particles in a shimmery base.  I used a PVA base coat (remember if you're using PVA to use quite a thick coat of it so that the polish peels off in one bit and you don't have to pick at it a lot), then one coat of A England Camelot and just one coat of Garnet.  I used two coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast top coat to try to smooth it out, but the polish surface is still a little gritty (I'm not bothered by it, though).  Garnet's brush is OPI-esque and wide, making for smooth, easy application.  I thought that the glitter might give me some trouble, but there were no problems at all.  In fact, I think that you could probably make this polish opaque in two or three coats by itself!


Garnet's base colour is a bronze-red, shifting to yellow and then green.  The multichrome effect is easily visible; no squinting required!


It has a glass fleck look to it that I adore, and it's crazily sparkly.  Wow.  Wow.


Ladies and gentlemen, I highly recommend this polish.  I can barely stop looking at my nails.

Notes on wear time and removal: by the end of the second day of wear, I had a few chips but no peeling (I was very industrious about wrapping my tips!)  By the third day, I had a bit of peeling and one of my nails had the polish completely fall off in one bit (which was awesome but also weird) so I removed them all.  Hooray for peel-off base coat!  No scrubbing here!  If you want a longer wear time, I'd definitely use a normal base coat and suffer the foil treatment gladly.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - PVA glue
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast (two coats)
Polish used:A England Camelot - one coat
Ninja Polish Color Changing Garnet - one coat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.