Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jindie Nails Silent Night



Here I go with my first Jindie Nails polish; Silent Night!  This polish is a dark blue jelly with holographic stars and moons as well as squares, shards, circles and different sized hexes.  It also has a purple shimmer throughout.  It's complex but looks absolutely beautiful in the bottle and on the nail!


I used a PVA base coat then applied two thick coats of Silent Night.  Glitter pickup was good since I rested the bottle upside down for a few minutes before application.  I finished with two coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast for top coat.


Application was good - the glitter had a tendency to clump together (as you can see on my pinky) but it was easy enough to get them to spread out.  The formula was easy to work with and went on smoothly, levelling itself out well.  Two coats of top coat (or a coat of glitter tamer and then a top coat) are definitely needed to flatten the glitter out a bit, but other than the glitter clump on my pinky, I don't have any edges sticking out.


Two thick coats was just enough for opacity, but I'd use three thin coats next time to completely hide my nail line.  I love this polish, it's so deep, dark and squishy with the glitters glinting out like stars in the night sky.  It definitely fits its name!

Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this mani for a day and a half.  Since I hadn't applied a thick glitter tamer, the poky-outy bits on some of the glitters annoyed me and PVA base always makes me want to do the peel thing so I took it off.  The PVA base worked perfectly, no scrubbing required.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - PVA glue
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast (two coats)
Polish used: Jindie Nails Silent Night - two coats

2 comments:

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.