Thursday, May 2, 2013

Color Combos CTW511 over OPI Blue My Mind



Hello, this is Alicea here with a swatch of one of the polishes I picked up in Hong Kong; Color Combos CTW511, over my first OPI polish, Blue My Mind.


The Color Combos polish is a sheer blue jelly based polish with iridescent flakies.  Blue My Mind is a beautiful sapphire blue shimmer (in some lights, the bottle looks like it has a purple duochrome shift), and is opaque in two coats.  I layered two coats of the Color Combos flakie over the top of two coats of Blue My Mind, finishing with Cult Nails Wicked Fast.

Both polishes went on easily (the Color Combos has a nice wide brush), and it's crazily sparkly in the sun!

Direct sunlight
I also tried the flakie on over a bare nail, and it's so sheer that it wouldn't reach opacity by itself.


Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this polish for four days, I believe, and I was very impressed with the wear time!  By the fourth day, I only had minimal tipwear and some small chips; it was still wearable without making me cringe.  There were no issues with removal.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:OPI Blue My Mind - two coats
Color Combos CTW511 - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.