Saturday, May 18, 2013

China Glaze Flying Dragon



China Glaze Flying Dragon is one of the oldest untried polishes in my stash, so I got myself together to try it.  It's a neon magenta-purple with tiny blue and pink glitter that looks a lot darker on the nail than it does in the bottle.


Flying Dragon is a neon polish and it dries very quickly, making application somewhat of an annoyance as by the time I've done the stroke down the middle and down one side, the first stroke's pretty much dry already.  I had to make sure not to go over any parts of the nail that I'd already polish, otherwise bald spots would form.  I ended up using three coats of polish, which was enough for opacity and to level everything out.  This polish also dries matte; here's how it looks with no top coat.

Flying Dragon without top coat
I added a coat of Cult Nails Wicked Fast for my top coat, and I like the shiny look much better!


These photos are all in natural light, and I've found that the polish appears to look like a darker grape-purple in other lights with the pink glitter standing out more.  This is definitely an interesting polish, and I think I'll play with how it looks over white for the next time I wear it; even with the application issues, I began to like this polish more and more the longer I wore it.

Notes on wear time and removal: During the second day of wear, I already had a couple of chips and after the third day, most of my nails had chips and/or tipwear.  Ugh.  My top coat also started to peel off on a few nails - possibly due to the un-stickiness of the matte finish?  I've seen the same thing happen on Loodie Loodie Loodie's blog so it's definitely not just me!  Removal was okay; a bit of scrubbing was required for the tiny glitter, but it didn't get all over my fingers, which was awesome!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:China Glaze Flying Dragon - three coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.