Sunday, April 28, 2013

Gloss 'n Sparkle Cookie Dough


I am so glad that I took the plunge to get this gorgeous polish.  This is Gloss 'n Sparkle Cookie Dough, a caramel/nude crelly based polish with bronze microshimmer and two sizes of larger bronze hex glitters.  I bake a lot of cookies, cakes and brownies and I'm reminded of delicious cookie dough every time I look down at my hands.  It's perfectly named!


I wore two coats of Cookie Dough over a PVA base, with two coats of Cult Nails Wicked Fast on top to smooth the glitter out a bit.  Yes, you read that correctly; two coats of Cookie Dough!  I was very excited, since a lot of swatches of indie polishes with the same crelly-base-with-glitter look that I see on other blogs are usually three coats and upwards.


Glitter pickup on the brush was good; I stirred the brush in the polish each time before I took it out to apply it, which worked well.  I did have to do a bit of glitter placement on the nail so that the glitter spread out evenly, but that was easy enough.

I love this polish!


Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this polish for a day and a half, and it started peeling off in the shower so I removed it.  No issues with the PVA base coat.  I'll definitely use a normal base coat and suffer the foil removal/scrubbing when I wear this again so I can have it on for ages!


POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - PVA glue
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast (two coats)
Polish used:Gloss 'n Sparkle Cookie Dough - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.