Sunday, April 21, 2013

Dotticure Flowers with China Glaze Happy Go Lucky



Hello all!  I've been pretty excited to try this polish, China Glaze Happy Go Lucky, since I've heard good things about its formula.  I can safely say that the colour and formula are quite good, especially compared to the other yellow I've tried!


I started my mani with three coats of China Glaze Happy Go Lucky.  It's a lovely bright yellow and you could probably get away with two thick coats, but I added a thin third coat to get rid of the remaining streakiness.  Below I've shown Happy Go Lucky at two coats without top coat.  


Next, I used a large dotting tool and a smaller one to dot two simple flowers onto each of my ring fingers (my inspiration was one of The Polished Perfectionist's manis).  I used Ulta3 Tahitian Lime for the green and Illamasqua Scorch for the white petals.  This dotticure technique is so easy, and a good introduction to nail art for those (like me) who haven't done it before!

Natural light
Claire from nuthin' but a nail thing recommended Sally Hansen Insta-Dri as a top coat for nail art, so I used that and I was very pleased that there was no noticeable smudging of my flowers.  There is a tiny bit if you hold the nail right up to your face, but as you can see, nothing shows in the photos!


I'm very happy with this mani - it's bright and cheerful and the flowers were so easy to do!
I'd love to hear about your experiences with yellow polish.

Notes on wear time and removal: by the end of the second day of wear, I had some minor (not really noticeable) tipwear and one small chip.  Nothing much changed during the third day of wear.  I had no issues with removal.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - Sally Hansen Insta-Dri
Polish used:China Glaze Happy Go Lucky - three coats
Illamasqua Scorch - dotted
Ulta3 Tahitian Lime - dotted

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.