Tuesday, April 30, 2013

butter LONDON Shag



I finally got around to trying my first butter LONDON polish, Shag!  It's a gorgeous brown-bronze shimmer/foil look and I love it on my nails.  It feels like a very sophisticated look; it's shimmery without being in-your-face about it and a very classy colour.

The butter LONDON bottle is of a gorgeous design - the rectangular lid comes off to reveal a smaller lid for polishing.  One thing I was surprised about is that the bottle is quite small - it's 11mL, and costed $22 which is even more expensive that OPI polishes are in Australia.



Shag is opaque in two easy coats.  The first coat seems streaky with some bald patches, but the second coat completely evens everything up!



I'm totally in love with the colour, though, and I will definitely reach for this polish again and again!
(Looking at other polishes in my stash, Shag is a lot like Pretty Serious Seasonal Sunset, though Sunset is a jelly-based glitter polish and a bit lighter when swatched side by side.  From other bloggers' swatches, I'd say that Shag looks pretty dupey for OPI Sprung as well).

Direct sunlight - so glowy!
Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this polish for three days and by the end, I had noticeable tipwear and some chipping.  No issues with removal.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - Cult Nails Wicked Fast
Polish used:Butter London Shag - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.