Sunday, March 31, 2013

Purple and Orange OPI polishes in Dotting Nail Art



Okay guys. Here's another from me. I decided to do a simple dot manicure that actually looked really good. I was really proud of my attempt. It may take a while but it doesn't actually take a very long time.


I used A Good Man-Darin is Hard to Find and Purple With a Purpose. I've already used Purple with a Purpose for other manis, as I'm sure I told you it is a gorgeous shimmer purple with tiny blue and pink flecks in it. Opaque with two coats. A Good Man-Darin is Hard to Find is less orange than it seems in these pictures slightly more pink I would describe it. I can't seem to find the best word for it right now.. Peach? No that isn't right either. Either way, it is another fabulous OPI product that is opaque with two coats.


Now it may look complicated but it really isn't. 
1. First you do two coats of your base colour (I decided to swap the colours for my accent finger). [I'm going to help with explaining by using colours in my example. So paint two coats of orange.]
2. Once dry using your other contrasting colour paint the bottom diagonal of your nail - halve it diagonally. Paint as many coats as you need to make this opaque. [Paint your nail diagonally with purple]
3. Now you take the original colour you were working with and with each of your nails, using a dotting tool, dot the colour periodically along the diagonal line. Making sure to overlap into the base colour area a tiny bit. This makes it look like the colour is seeping into the next. [Dot orange dots evenly along the diagonal line in the purple section.]
4. Swap sides. Do the same thing with the other colour. Dot the contrasting colour onto the diagonal line inbetween the other colours dots (on the correct side) making sure to overlap a little. [Dot purple onto the orange section along the diagonal]
5. Then you can go in on each side and dot evenly as many as you can fit. Don't try to fill too many in. [Purple in orange. Orange in purple]


It takes a little time but once you get the hang of it isn't that time consuming. Have fun with it. Try really crazy colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.