Saturday, March 16, 2013

OPI You Only Live Twice (and China Glaze Fast Forward top coat)


Last Monday was my first day of university (!!!) and I wanted to have some nice celebratory nails for the day, so I broke out one of my untried polishes - Models Own Aqua Violet.  As you can probably guess from this post, things didn't work out; the polish was gloopy and difficult and bubbled horribly on my nails, and I didn't have thinner (I bought some the very next day) so I took it straight off and went bare-nailed for another day.



The next day I was aching for something easy and familiar, so I revisited OPI You Only Live Twice from the Skyfall collection.  This raspberry-red glass flecked polish is my favourite out of my whole nail polish stash!  (The only problem with it is that it chips very easily).  I'm wearing two easy coats (you may need a third thin coat on some nails, but two works perfectly for me) with China Glaze Fast Forward top coat.


Direct sunlight - look at those gorgeous glass flecks!
In other news, I went back to the pharmacy where I bought my first China Glaze polishes and picked up some more polish - China Glaze Happy Go Lucky (a yellow creme that's been on my wishlist!), For Audrey (a Tiffany & Co pale turquoise creme) and Atlantis (a blue and green glitter in a blue base).

I also bought China Glaze Fast Forward top coat, the first quick dry top coat that I've tried.  I usually use OPI's regular top coat and I definitely noticed a difference in dry time when using the China Glaze.  It was dry to the touch in only a few minutes and I didn't get any smudging, which I usually end up getting when I use the OPI top coat and forget that I have wet polish on.  It applied really easily and levelled out beautifully to a lovely shine!  I've heard a lot of complaining about its smell but it's really not a big issue after a few hours - and the smell isn't horrible, it's just strong and slightly sweet.  Fast Forward will definitely be my go-to top coat from now on, especially when I'm in a rush!



Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this mani for three days.  By the second day I had some tipwear on my index and middle fingers and a chip on my thumb, but no other signs of wear on other fingers.  I didn't have any issues with removal (no foil method or peel-off base coat required!) but you do need to be careful because some tiny red glitter bits do end up stuck to your nails; a good scrub with a nail brush after removal got rid of most of them for me, though!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - China Glaze Fast Forward
Polish used:OPI You Only Live Twice - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.