Thursday, March 7, 2013

OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest and Australis Speck-tacular

 

Every Month Is Oktoberfest is from OPI's Germany collection and it's one of my favourite polishes.  It's a dark vampy eggplant purple with a beautiful shimmer that shows up in the sun!  Unfortunately my house gets about two minutes of sunshine every day so I don't have a photo of the polish on my nails in the sun, but here's a bottle shot.



Look at that gorgeous colour!  It really lights up your nails.

I used two coats of Oktoberfest for these swatches.  The first coat looks blue like pen ink, but darkens to the purple when you add the second coat.



I added Australis Crystal Colour Speck-tacular top coat because I could.  (You can get this polish from Big W and some Targets and pharmacies).



Look at those rainbow flakies!  This is a great top coat, the flakies go onto the nail quite evenly spread out (I had to do a little dabbing, but not much) and the effect is fantastic.



POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - none
Top - OPI Top Coat
Polish used:OPI Every Month Is Oktoberfest - two coats
Australis Speck-tacular - one coat

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! That particular top coat is very versatile, and I think it's good to have a nice holo flakie in your collection.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.