Wednesday, March 20, 2013

OPI Don't Touch My Tutu! and A England Morgan Le Fay


Hello there!  I've got two beautiful polishes to showcase today - OPI Don't Touch My Tutu! from the New York City Ballet collection, and A England Morgan Le Fay.  I'm wearing three coats of Don't Touch My Tutu! and one coat of Morgan Le Fay with top coat.


Don't Touch My Tutu! is a sheer white jelly, the first of its kind that I've tried.  It applied like a dream and looks beautifully elegant and feminine on its own.
I'm going to put the rest of this post under a cut because it's a bit picture-heavy!

DTMT! takes a while to build up to anything nearing opacity, so I've included some photos of it at various stages.  The beauty of this polish is that you can wear it as sheer or as opaque as you want to, and it'll look good either way!

This is one coat of DTMT! -


Two coats -


And finally, three coats -



(It reminds me of PVA glue base coat!)  I left DTMT! at three coats because I was putting another polish over the top, but if I was ever to wear it by itself, I'd probably do four coats to get rid of any remaining streakiness and even the colour out a bit.

Morgan Le Fay is another amazing A England polish.  It's a sheer white shimmer that can flash blue and pink in certain lights and gives a pearly look to the nail!  I really love how this combination looks on me - it's delicate and feminine (a nice palette cleanser from all the bold glittery polishes I've been wearing recently!) and also makes my nails appear longer for some reason.



Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this mani for three days (loving it the whole time!) and I had no noticeable tipwear by the third day and only one chip (on a nail that has been peeling and horrible so that was bound to happen).  I had no issues with removal but I had to be careful of the little shimmer bits in Morgan Le Fay because they had a tendency to get all over my fingers!


POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - China Glaze Fast Forward
Polish used:OPI Don't Touch My Tutu! - three coats
A England Morgan Le Fay - one coat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.