Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nicole OPI and Butter London Simple Flowers



Hey guys, today I ventured out with two new polishes that I recently purchased. I bought my first set of Nicole OPI polish, the one in this post being I'm A Pool For Love. The Butter London polish is Shag, which I bought for Alicea when I found it at my university shop. I have never seen Butter products at any other store so it was quite a surprise. I had to resist the urge by all of them.


Has anyone else noticed that basically all Nicole OPI polish has at least a subtle shimmer to them? Which I think is fantastic. I can not get enough of glitter. I'm A Pool For Love is a deep purple that shimmers blue or purple depending on the light. I used three coats, though depending on how you layer it, you probably could use only two for opacity. Shag is a gorgeous bronze that has an almost texturised look to it. It only needed two coats for opacity (though I happen to have three in the pic.)


To spice it up a bit I added one of the simplest nail art designs I know. All you have to do is dot five small blobs of polish (not too thick but not so small that the polish dries immediately) in a flower shape. Then you get a toothpick and place it in a blob and drag towards the centre of your flower shape. You do this for every dot and you end up with simple, pretty flowers (Not that you can see them that easily in these pics, I'll use lighter colours next time). If you don't want to put in too much effort for your nails or don't have time, these flowers are the best way to spice up your nails without effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.