Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Models Own Aqua Violet


It's Alicea here!  I finally got around to wearing my third Models Own polish, Aqua Violet, a blue-purple duochrome from the Beetlejuice collection.  I had a lot of trouble the first time I tried this polish due to the gloopy formula, but I added some thinner and its much better.


Here I'm wearing one thin coat of Aqua Violet over one coat of A England Camelot with China Glaze Fast Forward top coat.  You can build this polish up to opacity by itself, but make sure that you use thin coats to avoid bubbling!

The duochrome shift is lovely, and is actually visible in a lot of lights.


In sunshine, the polish is an aqua shimmer that darkens to the side of the nail; it's kind of glowy, which is a very nice look!


Notes on wear time and removal: Unfortunately I got quite a few big chips on my thumbs, index and middle fingers on day two of this mani.  There were no issues with removal.


POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - China Glaze Fast Forward
Polish used:A England Camelot - one coat
Models Own Aqua Violet - one coat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.