Friday, February 15, 2013

Rainbow Skittles with Sinful Colors, Ulta3 and Models Own


Hello, it's Alicea here with a skittles manicure!  Or, as I like to call it, a kill-five-untried-polishes-with-one-mani.



Here I'm using two Models Own polishes that I bought online from Ninja Polish, two Ulta3 polishes I got for $2 each at Target, and a Sinful Colors polish I also bought at Target (I think it was $4).  Now, onwards to the reviews. 



Thumb: Models Own Red Alert, three coats.  The formula for this polish was thin but highly pigmented and very easy to work with, not streaky at all!  Two coats was almost enough but there was a bit of visible nail line.  I love the colour of this polish, it's a bright fire-engine red.

Index finger: Models Own Orange Sorbet, three coats.  The formula was thicker than Red Alert, but still good.  The application was not as smooth, however, and instead of nice flat coats I had some bald spots.  Three coats evened it all out for a smooth finish.  The colour of this polish is more neon than can be seen from the photos; it looks awesome!

Middle finger: Ulta3 Frangipani, four coats.  This polish was very hard to work with.  It was streaky, and even with four coats I still had some awkward bald spots.  The colour is very good, though; a bright, sunshine yellow.  I'm not sure I can be bothered using it again on its own, but I'll try it over white and see if the result is any better then.

Ring finger: Ulta3 Tahitian Lime, three coats.  The pigmentation of this polish was better than Frangipani, with the coats still streaky but evening out with no bald spots.  I love the spring green colour.

Pinky: Sinful Colors Why Not, two coats.  This polish was a joy to work with - easy application and opaque in two coats.  It's a lovely sky blue colour, not overly eye-popping, but a nice clean creme.



After I put this mani on, I felt kind of bummed about it (mainly because of the annoying four-coat-yellow) and wanted to take it off straight away - however, after wearing it for a few hours, I began to like the colourful playfulness of it (and believe me, I don't usually wear colourful things) so I kept it on for a few more days!  I got some lovely comments on it from a cashier at a pharmacy, my friends, and from my brother.




Notes on wear time and removal: I believe I wore this mani for 3 days.  There was no tipwear but I had a few little chips on my left thumbnail.  No issues with removal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.