Monday, February 11, 2013

OPI Turquoise Shatter


I'm going to start by saying that I am not a fan of shatter/crackle polishes.  I've seen hundreds of pictures all over other nail blogs and, to be honest, I wasn't overly impressed with how the polishes looked on the nail.  The only shatter polish that I've liked was the Barry M croc effect polish (Jessie has a bottle of the black croc effect, and I loved it when she showed me a photo of it on!)

Hence, I hadn't bothered buying any shatters or crackles; which lead me to a dilemma when I came across three shelves of OPI shatters in a Priceline pharmacy.  For $2.50 each.
I had a little freak out when I spotted the OPI bottles and the price tag, but my excitement faded when I realised they were shatters.  Could I be bothered?


Apparently, yes.  OPI polishes are usually upwards of $19 at stores where I live, so I just couldn't resist!  So I bit the bullet and picked up the Turquoise Shatter.

My Poltergeist Puddle was showing some tipwear, so I slapped the shatter over the top to avoid doing a whole new mani.


Application was a breeze thanks to the OPI wide brush and it was strangely hypnotising to watch the shatters in the polish appearing before my eyes.  The shatter dried to a light blue matte finish - when I added top coat, the light blue shatter darkened to the turquoise you see in the photos.  Upon further inspection, the shatter looks as if it has a green-blue duochrome shift in some lights!


Suffice to say, I'm surprised as to how much I like the shatter effect, despite my misgivings.  It's not something I'll be wearing a lot, but I'll definitely wear it again!

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - OPI Top Coat
Polish used:Pretty Serious Poltergeist Puddle - two coats
OPI Turquoise Shatter - one coat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.