Tuesday, February 26, 2013

OPI Just Spotted The Lizard


When I was just a nail polish beginner (a.k.a. recently) I bought this polish because it shifts colour on your fingers??! and I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.  I have a soft spot a mile wide for duochromes.  Even so, I didn't expect to love Just Spotted The Lizard as much as I do!  (This is from The Amazing Spider-Man collection, by the way).


The bottle colour is gorgeous - a shift from yellow-gold through green to blue.  The blue colour doesn't translate to the nail at all, unfortunately, but it's great to look at!


On the nail, the colour is predominantly a sparkly yellow-gold foil, shifting to green on the sides of the nail.  It looks best in artificial inside light.  In the sun, the colour is almost all gold and it glitters like crazy!


I used two coats for these swatches.  The formula is quite runny but very easy to work with!  You have to be careful with application, though, because brush strokes in the polish are quite distinct and visible.  It's not horrible if you apply carefully but if your application is all wonky then it will look a bit strange!


Notes on removal: I had no issues with removal other than tiny gold glitter flecks getting on my fingers, but they're easy to remove as well.

In other news, I'm going to be starting a new job soon and I just had a meeting with my manager to talk about scheduling etc.  I made sure to ask whether it was alright to wear nail polish, and she said that there was no problem and no restriction on colour, as long as it wasn't chipped or ratty!  I told her I can't stand chipped polish and we had a bonding moment over nails.  She says she likes OPI and Essie!  I'm glad I don't have to worry about taking polish off for work so I can keep up with blogging.  Phew!


POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - OPI Top Coat
Polish used:OPI Just Spotted The Lizard - two coats

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.