Monday, February 25, 2013

Nail Art with Barry M and OPI


Hey guys. For today I have my very first semi-successful taped nail art. I have tried before using tape but they have all been so unsuccessful that I almost cried. There has been a lot of different advice for how to properly use tape and how long to have the tape on, etc. In previous attempts as soon as I painted on top of the taped area I took the tape off, for disastrous results. So this time I waited until the top coat was dry before taking the tape off and I'm happy to say it was definitely a much nicer finished look than before.


I used two coats of Barry M Navy (over a base coat of course). Navy is a beautiful deep blue with a shimmer to it, that is opaque with two coats. I waited about fifteen minutes for it to dry. Then I placed the triangle pieces of tape I had cut before I started over the top of all my nails. I made sure that it was completely sealed.


I think next time, putting the tape a bit further down my nail for larger triangles of blue would be a better idea. I painted two coats of OPI The Spy Who Loved Me and waited around fifteen minutes for it to dry. The Spy Who Loved Me is a gorgeous pink based red glitter. The glitter has tiny gold and red sparkles. I haven't actually used this polish by itself so I'm entirely sure how many coats it would need to become opaque. However, I would think you would need at least two coats. Once dry I slowly peeled the tape off. I think waiting a bit longer might produce some nicer lines. Because some of the edges didn't look quite perfect, I used a short striper brush with OPI GoldenEye over the edges to cover it up.


I'm so happy how this turned out. After so many failed attempts something resembling straight lines was really exciting. If anybody knows a sure-fire way to use tape in manis, it would be great if you could tell me! I hope this gives some ideas for others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.