Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Max Factor Fantasy Fire (Part Two)


Hello all!  Today I have my swatches of Max Factor Fantasy Fire to show you.  I absolutely love this polish, it's so sparkly and the colour shift is fantastic.



I started with a base of A England Camelot and OPI Blue My Mind.  I used Blue My Mind because I wanted to see how Fantasy Fire would look with a different base colour closer to the purple-blue in Fantasy Fire.  I used one coat of Camelot and two coats of Blue My Mind.



I then applied a coat of Fantasy fire over the top.  Over the black, Fantasy Fire had a predominantly red-bronze sparkle shifting to gold and green.  Over the blue, the sparkle was predominantly purple without much of a visible shift.

In full sunlight (I fully capitalised on the five minutes of sunshine that comes through my window in my room during the day!) the Fantasy Fire over the black particularly looks as if it's glowing golden-bronze from within.  Beautiful!




The colour shift is more apparent in indoor light than in the sun.  I like the effect of the black + Fantasy Fire combo better than the blue.


Overall, I'm very impressed with this polish and I'll definitely wear it over black or another dark colour again!  I'd also like to do more experiments to see how it looks over a dark red polish.

Notes on wear time and removal:  I wore this mani for three days.  There was little to no tipwear and I only had a few tiny chips that weren't obvious unless you were staring right at the nails!  I had no issues with removal.

POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - OPI Top Coat
Polish used:A England Camelot - one coat
OPI Blue My Mind - two coats (ring and thumb nails)
Max Factor Fantasy Fire - one coat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.