Monday, February 4, 2013

Glitter Gradient with A England Merlin and Illamasqua Scorch


Hello, it's Alicea here with Polish and Prejudice's very first post!
Here I have a beautiful silver-over-white glitter gradient to show you - glitter gradients are one of my favourite things to do because they're simple, easy, they spice up your nails and they can also conveniently hide any smudges on your nails.  (Here's a tutorial on how to do gradient nails, by Lucy of Lucy's Stash)


For this mani, I started with base coat then applied three coats of Illamasqua Scorch.  You could probably get by with two, but I was having a bit of a fail so three it was.  If your gradient is going from the nail tip downwards, don't worry if you smudge the tips a bit because the glitter covers everything!


After the white dried, I did the glitter gradient in A England Merlin and finished with top coat.
Merlin is the first A England polish I've tried and I'm completely in love with the size and shape of the silver glitter.  It definitely felt like I was crowning my hands!



Illamasqua Scorch is the first white nail polish (and I think it's the first creme) I've tried and since I usually wear bold coloured shimmers, I was a little apprehensive as to how it would turn out; suffice to say that I was surprised at how much I loved it.  I don't think I'd wear white on its own but with Merlin over the top, this mani was perfect!

Notes on wear time and removal: I wore this mani for about four days.  On the third, I got one big chip on one of my nails but I just put some more Merlin over the top and it was good for another day!  Removing the glitter was difficult so I used the foil method and that did the trick perfectly.


POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - OPI Natural Nail Base Coat
Top - OPI Top Coat
Polish used:Illamasqua Scorch - three coats
A England Merlin - glitter gradient

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.