Thursday, February 28, 2013

China Glaze Ruby Pumps


I've been itching to try out my first China Glaze polishes, and I decided to wear Ruby Pumps first because I couldn't resist the lure of that beautiful red glitter!


I used a base coat of PVA glue and then applied Ruby Pumps to all my fingers except my thumbs and ring fingers.  The formula was glorious - it's thin but the tiny glitter bits are suspended in a highly pigmented red base and it was a breeze to apply!  I'm surprised as to how much I love the little China Glaze brush!  I used two coats of Ruby Pumps (three on my pinky!) for these swatches - if anything, I would have put another coat on, but you can get by with two.

On my thumbs and ring fingers I applied two coats of Rimmel Rapid Ruby.  This is a dark red creme that's easy to apply and almost a one-coater!


I then applied OPI Goldeneye over my accent nails.  Goldeneye is a lovely gold glitter polish with a clear base from the Skyfall collection.  I finished off with two coats of top coat to smooth the glitter out a bit (and cover up some of the dings I got in the polish, whoops!  Luckily glitter is very forgiving!)


I absolutely adore Ruby Pumps and I love this combination!  If you don't have a good red glittery polish, you should definitely consider going and getting this one.


Notes on wear time and removal:  See this post.


POST SUMMARY
Base & top coat:Base - PVA glue
Top - OPI Top Coat
Polish used:China Glaze Ruby Pumps - two to three coats
Rimmel Rapid Ruby - two coats (ring and thumb nails)
OPI Goldeneye - one coat (ring and thumb nails)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.