Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Barry M Black Croc Effects

 

Alicea mentioned my Barry M Croc Effects in a previous post, so I decided to make a post showing how a-maz-ing it looks!



It is definitely better to use bright colours so that it shows through the cracks. I used OPI Purple with a Purpose and Natio Scarlett as the accent. Purple with a Purpose is gorgeous. It is a light dusky grey based purple shimmer polish filled with tiny blue, pink and purple sparkles. It is opaque with 2 coats.

I used 2 coats for both polishes.
Moving on to the Natio polish. Natio is my second favourite polish brand (following OPI). As always with Natio creme polishes (I've only ever tried creme polishes), Scarlett went on really smoothly.



When applying the Barry M Croc Effects, I apply a thick layer over the base coats. 
If you like smaller crackle (as shown below) you should apply a thin layer. Only one layer is applied. Almost immediately you can see the amazing effect begin. I prefer large crackle so I like to lay the polish on thick. Once the crackle is 'finished' to your liking, you can keep the slightly matte look or apply a top coat (as I've done).



I am in love with this polish effect! It is so quick and easy to do and comes out fabulous. I like to use it when I don't have much time. I definitely recommend purchasing a bottle. Of all the crackle polishes I've seen, this is my favourite.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting! Please feel free to comment with your thoughts or questions, we would love to hear from you.